Kuala Lumpur (KL)

When we arrived in KL we were pretty tired so we went for a quick walk around the hotel, grabbed a bite and then relaxed in the hotel room. Around 9:00pm, we thought we should have some supper but we felt too lazy. As well, it was raining. We ended up going to a BBQ by our hotel swimming pool. It was beautiful with the rain falling on the pool and the food was great. All you can eat meat and seafood, salads and an amazing dessert bar. The cook was excited to have people and insisted on BBQ’ing a piece of everything for us: marinated beef, chicken, sausages, tigers prawns, crab, you name it. It was very nice and romantic :-).

The next day, we walked around KL, went to the Bird park and the Butterfly park. On the way there we came across monkeys swinging in the trees and a monkey crossing sign on the road. The bird park was great to visit. A large majority of the birds are free to fly and wander where they want as the big area is covered with a netting. It is nice to see the birds outside of the cages.

After visiting the butterfly park we walked to Chinatown. The fist thing on the agenda was to grab some food. After eating, we visited the huge outdoor market that is set up in Chinatown. We bought a few souvenirs. We then walked all the way back to our hotel. That night we went to eat at an outside food stand (called the Jalan Alor Food Centre). The food was amazing: we had butter shrimps, ginger beef, etc… and of course some great beer.
The next morning we got early to go line to go up the Petronas tower at 7:30! The counter opens up at 8:30 put you have to wait in the line up in order to get tickets for that day. We succeeded and went up to the bridge on the 41st floor at 9:00. It was great to be up there. I think the best part was the elevator. Before the hostess said welcome we are going to the 41st floor we were already there. It goes faster than 1 second per floor! The view of KL was amazing and the towers are very impressive.

We got back to the hotel to grab our bags to go to the bus station. We thought we were taking the bus to Singapore at 11:30 and were told it was going to take 5 hours… I could go on for a long time about this but I think you will need to come over for a drink to get the full story. In short, we got to our hotel room in Singapore at 8:00 pm that night after a few adventures…

Leave a Reply